AirAsia has announced that it is extending the period to obtain credit accounts and allowing flight change for guests with flight bookings until 30 April to/from selected destinations, including China, Hong Kong, Macau, Japan, Korea and Taiwan.
Guests have the options:
1. Move Flight: One-time flight change to a new travel date on the same route within 90 calendar days from the original flight time without additional cost, subject to seat availability; OR
2. Credit account: Retain the value of your fare in your AirAsia BIG Loyalty account for future travel with AirAsia. The online credit account is to be redeemed for booking within 180 calendar days from the issuance date. The actual travel dates can be after the expiry date as long as our flight schedule is out.
- Applicable for flights booked on AirAsia website before 8 March for travel date up to 30 April
- If you book with OTA such as Expedia, refer back to OTA.
- Only valid to the destinations mentioned. Other destinations not listed would not be able to change nor refund.
However, do not expect the process to be smooth sailing with the high number of people trying to contact them. Always follow up for your case and make sure your credit refund is shown on your account or receive the new booking.