Malaysians traveling to Canada requires a Canada Travel Visa. The closest Canadian High Commission is in Singapore however you can submit your application and documents at Wisma MCA, Kuala Lumpur.
Canada Visa Tips :
- Apply your US Visa first if you are visiting US and Canada in the same trip. The chances of approval will be higher if you owned a US Visa.
- It is recommended to apply 1 month before your trip as it took us 17 days to receive our Canada Visa.
1. Complete the Forms
- Canada Travel Visa Application Form – Download the PDF. You can pay VFS to fill for you for RM40 approx
- Family Information
- VFS Consent Form
- CVAC Waiver Form (if required)
- IMM5257e (starting at Feb 2019)
Biometric: If you never done biometric before, you need to make an appointment to do that at the office, pay the fee online and go for biometric and submit the application.
Important Note: Malaysia does not have name separation hence just type your full name under Family name. Example: Tommy Ooi.
2. Prepare All Required Documents
- Document Checklist – Make sure you prepare all required documents
Note: If you owned a valid US Visa and visited USA before, you do not need to submit financial support documents.
From Our Reader: Applicants who are 18 years old or below MUST submit a photocopy of their birth certificate.
3. Pay Your Canada Travel Visa Online
After completing your application form & prepared all the supporting documents, you can make payment online.
Temporarily Residence (Visitor Visa) : CAD100 per pax
Pay Online : Canada Immigration & Citizenship
4. Submit your Application Form at VFS Global
VFS Global is the authorized agent to submit your Canada Travel Visa in Kuala Lumpur based in Wisma MCA.
VFS Global Canada Visa Application Centre
VFS Fees : RM124.20 (Cash only. Pay at Counter)
Address : Suite 19-03, Floor 19, Wisma MCA, 163 Jalan Ampang 50450, Kuala Lumpur
Days of Operation : Monday to Friday (excluding declared holidays)
Hours of Operation :
- Application Submission (by Applicant): 09:00 – 17:00
- Application Submission (by Travel Agent or Representative): 09:00 – 14:00
- Passport Collection: 10:00 – 17:00
Helpline number: +6 03 23812296
Helpline email: email@example.com
5. Collect Your Passport
If you find this article useful, SHARE IT to your friends & family members. Also don’t forget to LIKE our Facebook, Follow our Instagram and Sign Up our Email Newsletter to receive more travel tips & latest travel promotion.